Readings of the Day: Memorial of Our Lady of Sorrows
Wednesday, 15 September 2021
Reading for the Day
- 7 In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard for his godly fear.
- 8 Although he was a Son, he learned obedience through what he suffered;
- 9 and being made perfect he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him,
Psalms 31:2-6, 15-16, 20
- 1 In thee, O LORD, do I seek refuge; let me never be put to shame; in thy righteousness deliver me!
- 2 Incline thy ear to me, rescue me speedily! Be thou a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me! R
- 3 Yea, thou art my rock and my fortress; for thy name's sake lead me and guide me,
- 4 take me out of the net which is hidden for me, for thou art my refuge. R
- 5 Into thy hand I commit my spirit; thou hast redeemed me, O LORD, faithful God.
- 14 But I trust in thee, O LORD, I say, "Thou art my God." R
- 15 My times are in thy hand; deliver me from the hand of my enemies and persecutors!
- 19 O how abundant is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for those who fear thee, and wrought for those who take refuge in thee, in the sight of the sons of men! R
Gospel for the Day
- 25 So the soldiers did this. But standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Mag'dalene.
- 26 When Jesus saw his mother, and the disciple whom he loved standing near, he said to his mother, "Woman, behold, your son!"
- 27 Then he said to the disciple, "Behold, your mother!" And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home.
help UCA News
Your support will help us grow the Catholic Church's media mission in Asia. We are happy to gift you a complementary copy of
The pontificate of Francis has been prophetic. Get this 184-page PDF/e-Book consisting of 14 narrative essays, summarizing the key features of Francis' papacy.
Mass on Demand – Wednesday 15 September 2021
Sunday Gospel reflection with Father William Grimm
24 September 2021
We companions of Jesus have an essential vocation. All men and women are called to live in the dignity of children of God.
© Copyright 2021, Union of Catholic Asian News Limited. All rights reserved