Prayers are being held for a Chinese priest who has been missing for eight months. Father Lu Danhua was taken away by personnel from Qingtian Religious Affairs Bureau at the priests' dormitory of Qingtian Catholic Church in Zhejiang province last December and has not returned. Underground Bishop Peter Shao Zhumin of Wenzhou has initiated fasting and a Mass for the safety of Father Lu on the 29th day of each month, the date the priest went missing. Bishop Shao and church members in Wenzhou have enquired about Father Lu's whereabouts through various channels but without success. The bishop has called on the faithful to fast, join Mass and recite the Divine Mercy Chaplet while praying for the priest's strong faith, good health and return. Bishop Shao was taken away by authorities in May 2017 but was released in January
after prayers by the faithful in Wenzhou Diocese. Father Lu is the only priest in sparsely populated Lishui Diocese, which is adjacent to Wenzhou. "He has wholeheartedly taken care of the churches in Qingtian, Leishi, Dalu, Wanshan and Jingning in the diocese. He is willing to serve the weak. The church members are full of praise for his enthusiastic pastoral care," a source said. Father Lu was ordained by Bishop Shao on Dec. 14, 2016. When he was taken away, bureau personnel said they just wanted a brief chat, but he remains missing and calls to his mobile phone have not been answered. Authorities later said Father Lu had been taken to Wenzhou
to study new religious regulations
and that he would return after legal registration.