Jesuit kidnapped in Syria "is alive and being treated well"
Priest has been missing and causing deep concern since July
Picture: Wikimedia Commons
“Fr. Paolo Dall’Oglio is alive and being treated well by his kidnappers, who are members of the Islamic StateinIraq and the Levant (ISIS) extremist group,” anti-regime activist Khalaf Ali Khalaf was informed by Al-Qaeda-affiliated sources close to the extremist group.
Sources saw the Italian Jesuit last Saturday in an area in northern Syria where ISIS is active, Khalaf told Aki-Adnkronos Internationalnews agency. The journalist, who is based in north-eastern Syria, did not wish to reveal the identities of his sources for fear of reprisals. Neither did he mention where exactly Dall’Oglio had been seen. The Jesuit priest went missing in the city of Raqqa on 28 July.
The Syrian National Coalition (SNC) had previously expressed “deep concern” for the Jesuit’s wellbeing and urged activists in Raqqa to come forward with any information that may help find Dall’Oglio and guarantee his safety. The Italian priest had gone to Syria to negotiate a peace deal between jihadist and Kurdish groups. He was expelled from the country in June last year.
Source: Vatican Insider/La Stampa
Falun Gong followers being systematically killed to feed booming transplant trade, detailed report claims
After more terror attacks, pontiff asks Catholics to use the power of prayer
The Catholic Lay Apostolate Council of Daejeon will work with local mental health centers
Worshiping God has nothing to do with heads of state meeting, says Christian human rights lawyer
All kinds of alcohol are prohibited and use of Mass wine by the church is against this law, says official