Dear Reader of UCA News,
Blessed Pope John Paul II said that this will be the millennium of the Church in Asia. So, UCAN, the leading source of news and views of and for the Church, is valuable to anyone interested in the fastest growing part of the Catholic Church in the fastest growing economies of the world.
And you can help UCAN provide that service to the Church. UCAN comes without charge, but at a steep price. Some 200 reporters and writers throughout Asia provide stories, photos and videos. Editors prepare them for delivery in five languages. Cameras, computers and other equipment need constant upgrading to keep pace with ever-changing standards in media.
For three decades, generous Church-related agencies in Europe and the United States have donated to UCAN so that we can provide value without being handicapped by price. However, the economic crisis is cutting into those agenciesí resources while increasing the need for their generosity worldwide. UCAN must find new ways to pay the price to support its value.
Can you help?
* US$10 will pay for one of the photos we use to illustrate each story.
* US$20 will provide an uninterrupted power supply unit (UPS) for one month to a UCAN journalist where the local electricity supply is unreliable.
* US$30 will cover an editorís internet costs for one month.
* US$50 will pay for the reporting and translation of one news story.
* US$100 will pay the server charge for transferring videos.
Donating is easy. You can do one off or by small monthly donations direct from your credit card.
Your generous help in paying the price will enable UCAN to continue to provide the value.